WASHINGTON D.C. (AP) — President Obama will release some time next week his final executive order while in office to address the gun violence in America.
Semi automatic magazines will be limited to 100 rounds from it’s current 500 limit. This new order is formatted after the Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 which expired. Also included in the order will be a restriction on the hollow point high capacity bullet, one can only be in possession of 99 at any given time. The hollow point is a favorite of gangsters to kill police officers. The bullet itself will explode upon impact shredding the person internal organs.
“It’s for the Sandy Point victims” explained White House legislative aid Tommy Poindexter. “President Obama wanted to leave office letting the American public know they can be assured this type of atrocity can never occur again.”
Response from the NRA was swift. “Once again President Obama has circumvented the constitution to severely restrict American citizens from exercising their second Amendment rights. It’s always about the kids getting killed and never about our rights to own firearms. Restricting magazine rounds and bullets limits an individual from protecting himself. Once again our rights have been trampled”.
American has some staggering gun control statistics.
- One in three people in the U.S. knows someone who has been shot.1
- On average, 31 Americans are murdered with guns every day and 151 are treated for a gun assault in an emergency room.2
- Every day on average, 55 people kill themselves with a firearm, and 46 people are shot or killed in an accident with a gun.3
- The U.S. firearm homicide rate is 20 times higher than the combined rates of 22 countries that are our peers in wealth and population.4
- A gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used to kill or injure in a domestic homicide, suicide, or unintentional shooting than to be used in self-defense.5
As soon as word got out regarding the pending executive action Gun shop owners saw a spike in sales of all guns/ammo.